Mr. S. Jeganathan
|Mr. S. Jeganathan
B.A(Hons)(EUSL), M.Phil (UPDN)
Department of Philosophy &Value Studies
Faculty of Arts & Culture
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Research Interest: Theory of knowledge, Psychology, Western Philosophy, Eastern Philosophy
- I have successfully completed B.A (Hons.) degree with second class Upper division (Special in Philosophy) in 2005 at Eastern University, Sri Lanka under the Social Sciences Department.
- I have successfully completed Teaching Methodology for Higher Education in 2010 at Eastern University, Sri Lanka under the Staff Development center
- I have successfully completed M.Phil degree in Philosophy in 2012 at University of Peredeniya under the Department of Philosophy and Psychology.
- I have successfully completed Post graduate Diploma in Psychology in 2014 at University of Peredeniya under the Department of Philosophy and Psychology.
- Senior Lecturer (II) in the Department of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts & culture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka from 01. 02. 2013 – uptodate
- Lecturer in the Department of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts & culture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka from 01.02.2008 – 31. 01. 2013
- Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts & culture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka From 08.12.2005 – 31.01.2008.
Seminar and Workshop
- I had participated in Two days National Workshop titled “Transition of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal groups (Primitive) in India : An Ethno – Historical Relook” held on 20th and 21st October 2016 at University of Mysore, India.
- Resource person – in the seminar for G.C.E A/L students (Logic and Scientific method) conducted by School Development Society at Bt/ vantharumoolai vishnu maha vidyalayam on 15.06.2011 – 16.06.2011.
- Served as a assistant marker for G.C.E A/L Examination held in 2008 for the subject of Logic and Scientific method.
- Participated – In the Workshop on Performance indicator for Higher Education Intuitions conducted by Staff Development Centre, EUSL, on 19.01.2009
- Participated – In the Workshop on Curriculum Review conducted by IRQUE, EUSL.
- Curriculum development workshop conducted by faculty of Arts & Culture at Girritala, from 15.07.2009 – 17.07.2009.
- Training wokshop on SPSS conducted by IRQUE Project EUSL, from 06.10.2009 – 09.10.2009.
- Curriculum development and Revision workshop conducted by IRQUE Project EUSL, from 21.08.2010 - 22.08.2010.
- Conducted a Research under the title of “Critique of Buddhist thoughts in Saiva Siddhanta Texts with Special Reference to Sivagnana Siddhiyar – A Critical study.” In order to fulfill M.Phil. Degree.
- A Research Paper Presented in the Annual Research Session, Eastern University, 2011 “Refutation of Innate ideas on Philosophical ideas of John Lock – A Critical Study”
- An Article Published in the “Veli” Students’ Union, faculty of Arts & Culture, Eastern University, ( 7th volume 2009 – 2010) Structuralism and Language structure of Ferdinand. de. Saussure –An Introduction
- A Research Paper Presented in the International conference of Eastern University, 2013.September.12,13 “Concept of Politics in Philosophy with Special Reference to Thirukkural”
- A Research Paper Presented in the International conference, Conducted by Department of Hindu Religious and Cultural Affairs, 2013.June.28,29,30 Sammanthar’s Padalkal in Indian Epistemology – A study
- A Research Paper Presented in the International conference, University of Jaffna, 2014.march.14th 15th “Aspects of Applied Ethics in Thirukkural”
- A Research Paper Presented in the International conference of Eastern University, 2014.December.04, 05 “ A Comparative study on John Locke and Gestalt theories on human perception ”
- A Research Paper Presented in the 12th Annual Research Session of Eastern University, 2015 December 1st “Concept of Politics in Political Philosophy - Special reference to Plato’s Republic”
- A Research Paper Submitted in the Arts Faculty Journal “PALKALAI”University of Peradeniya, 2015 December Reality of Soul in Western and Saiva siddhanta Thoughts – A Comparative Study
- A Research Paper Submitted in the Research Journal “VIDYAWARTA” Harshwardhan Publication in Maharashtra, India 2017 Jan. To Mar REALISM AND IDEALISM – AN EPISTEMOLOGICAL STUDY
- Theory of knowledge
- Western Philosophy
- Eastern Philosophy
- Western Philosophy
- Eastern Philosophy
- Tamilian Thoughts
- Sub – Warden (Part – Time) Men’s Hostel, EUSL, for academic year 2007/2008 with effect from 01.05.2008
- Students counselor, EUSL for period of one year with effect from 20.10.2009
- Acting Head/History, Faculty of Arts & Culture, EUSL, with effect from 01.11.2013.
- Member of Sports Advisory Board of EUSL, for the period of two years with effect from 16.03.2013.
- Co-ordinator for Vipulananda Memorial Talk 2013
- Co- ordinator for the Core - Cources and Optional Cources, Faculty of Arts & Culture, EUSL, for the period of One year with effect from 01.02.2013.