Department of Fine Arts
Welcome to Department of Fine Arts
I. Discipline of Drama and Theater
The courses of Drama & Theater at Department of Fine Arts is to provide a holistic theatre education with the goal of producing creative, knowledgeable, and collaborative theatre artists who understand their responsibilities to their community, their art, and their personal growth. The Drama & Theater courses will promote theatre through an integrative approach to course work and productions that challenge, enlighten, and engage our students and community.
- To acquire and develop various fundamental performance and sufficient production skills to prepare them for employment or graduate study in the theatre
- To promote to demonstrate proficiency in oral communication
- To acquire and develop dramatical skills
- To gain proficiency in various areas of the Performing Arts
- To participate in a capstone project appropriate to the concentration they are
- pursuing which will prepare them for a professional career.
- To learn the importance of responsibility towards their community
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completion of the courses in Drama & Theater, students will be able to:
- state basic skills in the interpretation and production of pre-existing texts.
- describe a personal value system based on their broad knowledge of the theory.
- apply skills and knowledge within a theatrical production and explain the personal and cultural significance of the production.
- experiment mastery of the acting, design, theatre arts and theater history.
- formulate modern and experimental theatre work.
- evaluate responsibility towards community through various areas of the performing arts.
II. Discipline of Fine Arts
The Fine Arts course is to produce creative, knowledgeable, and collaborative artists who understand their responsibilities to their community, their art, and their personal
growth. The in Fine Arts courses will promote Art through an integrative approach to course work and productions that challenge, enlighten, and engage our students and
- To understand basic design principles, concepts, media, and formats in the various fine arts disciplines.
- To Development of this sensitivity continues throughout the degree program.
- To ability to apply principles of design and color and competency in drawing to work in specific specializations
- To ability to conceive, design, and create works in at least two specific fine arts fields.
- To gain knowledge of various aesthetic issues, processes, and media and their relationship to the conceptualization, development,& completion of works of art
- To understand the similarities, differences, and relationships among the various fine arts areas.
- To participate in experiences that encourage familiarity with a broad variety of work in various specializations and media, including broad exposure to works of art
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completion of the discipline of Fine Arts courses, students will be able to:
- underline of professional, entry-level competence in a combination of the two areas of specialization, including significant technical mastery, capability to produce work.
- discribe competence by developing a body of work for evaluation.
- demonstrate and analyse value judgments about art and design and to communicate art/design ideas, concepts, and requirements to professionals and layman
- related to the practice of the major field.
- design and interpret the artworks.
- evaluate coherent set of artistic goals.
|Head/Department of Fine Arts|