Mr. Perinpam Sachithanantham
Mr. Perinpam Sachithanantham
BA(Hons) EUSL, M.Phil.(UJ)
Senior Lecturer in Comparative Religion & Social Harmony
Department of Comparative Religion & Social Harmony
Faculty of Arts & Culture
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Name in Full : PERINPAM SACHITHANANTHAM
Home Address : Kumarankala Manra Road, Kaluwanchikudy, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka.
E- mail : Sachith72@yahoo.com
Personal Contact No : 077 – 0773483080
Date of Birth : 24th September , 1972
Civil Status : Married
Nationality : Sri Lankan
NIC No : 722680375 V
Profession : Senior Lecturer Gr-1
Links to Publications
- Thurapathai Cult in Batticaloa District” Historical Study in Hindu Cult in the Batticaloa region, Published by the 2nd World Hindu Conference Branch, Page, 54 in 2003.
- “Pattinic Cult” – (Kannakee worship in Batticaloa District). In Naithal, Volume 1 V, Faculty Journal, Page 25, EUSL, in 2003.
- “Bahavad Githa is as a gist of Upanishads and its relevance to consider as sacred book” in – Hindunathy, (Journal of Students) Published, by the Hindu Students Union, Page, 51, EUSL, in 2004.
- “Hinduism in the of Mystics (sytherkal), in Kumphavishaka Journal Published by the Puthukudigirupu temple trusty Board, Page 35, in 2004.
- “Explanation and Definition about the origin of Religion during the 19th and20th Centaury is a theoretical approach”, Naithal, EUSL, in 2005.
- “Promoting Social Harmony in Batticaloa district after the war”, Annual Research Session (ARS) at EUSL in 2010
- “Social Harmony among Tamil, Muslim community in Ampara district after the war”, Annual Research Session (ARS) at EUS, in 2011.
- “Impact on land dispute and Social Harmony in Koralai Pattu DS Division Batticaloa district after the war”, and presented at 4th International conference, University of Rajarata in 2014.
- “Social harmony among multi-lingual student’s population in Sri Lankan Universities- A research special reference to Eastern University Sri Lanka” Presented at 2rd International Conference, University of Keleniya, on 6.08.2015.
- “Environmental conservation through Yoga Practice and its relevance to contemporary society -a Study, presented at 3rd international conference of Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Kelaniya 2016
- “Pursuing the environmental protection through religious doctrine: Its relevance in Sri Lankan context- a study, International Conference Faculty of Humanity, university of Kalaniya 2016.
- “Fostering Social harmony among the undergraduates and its challenges in the North Eastern Universities”, Annual Research Symposium – 2016, NCAS, Sri Lanka.
- Possibility for Social integration through cult of goddess Pattini among the Tamil Hindus and Sinhala Buddhist- a study” 3rd Internationa Conference of humanity and social Sciences University of Ruhunu 2017.
Seminars, Workshops and Trainings
- Monitoring and guiding Early Child hood and Development at SILIDA in 18.10.2004.
- Certificate course in teaching in Higher Education (CTHE) staff Development programme in University of Colombo in 2005.
- I had participated in the “Workshop on Social Harmony” was conducted by IRQUE project, at Hotel Deer Park, in 2006.
- The Workshop on “Course Structure and Curriculum Development” conducted by Faculty of Arts & Culture EUSL, in 2004.
- I participated in the Seminar on “Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace”- Leadership and Personality Development and Good Governance” in 2005.
- I participated in International Conference on “Reviewing the Past for Reshaping the Future” at EUSL, in 2006
- Seminar on Teaching and Research in Psychology at the University of Peradeniya in 1-26, January,2004.
- Training Workshop for Probationary Lecturers and Junior Academics on Research Techniques and Scientific Report writing, Research project Proposal preparation, University of Peradaniya in February 18 and March 2006.
- Participated workshop on Performance indicator for Higher Educational Institution conducted by staff development center, EUSL. 2009
- Workshop on staff teaching learning practices (teaching Methodology) at Hotel Yanahi in 2009.
- Participated workshop on SPSS packages for Arts faculty staff at EUSL, in 2010
- Workshop and training on English Language skill development among the Staff members of Arts Faculty, in Agalawatha, in 2009.
- Participate as a delegate in the exposure visit to AIT Thailand in October 2016
- Sociological perspective of religion
- Social Harmony/ Ethnic Cohesion conflict resolution
- Contemporary Issues and Religion
- ACR 1132 Multi -Religious Social Harmony
- CR 1112 An Introduction to Major Indian Religious Traditions
- CR/S 2213 Sociological Approaches to the study of Religion
- CRS 4143 Conflict Resolution & Peace making Process
- CRS 4133 Sociology of Religion
- Coordinator for unit of Comparative Religion.
- Head, Department of Comparative Religion& Social Harmony since 2009 to 2016.08.31
- Acting Dean, faculty of Arts &Culture EUSL in 2015
- Acting Director Swami Vipulanda Institute of Astatic studies in 2013
- Senate member, EUSL since 2009 to 2016.08.31
- Council member, EUSL 2014.01.31 to 2016.08.31
- Member, Board of Management Swami Vipulanada Institute of Aesthetic Study, Kallady, Batticaloa since January 2013 to January 2016
- Coordinator for UDG/ HETC Project Eastern University, Sri Lanka since 01.08.2013 until the project over.
- Acting Director OTS/ HETC Project EUSL
- Chairman, Board of Study External Degree Programme, Faculty of Arts& Culture, EUSL
- Chairman, Technical Evaluation Committee, EUSL up to now
- Committee member of Research and publication grand EUSL 2013 to 2016
- Committee member of Self-evaluation report(SER) for Institutional review, Eastern university Sri Lanka in 2015
- Student Counselor, EUSL Since 2003 to 2010.
- Part time sub warden EUSL in 2009/2010
- Reviewer of abstract and full paper ARS -2015 Faculty of Arts& culture EUSL 2015
- Committee member of Students Manual 2016- 2020 for Faculty of Arts & Culture EUSL.
- Editorial Committee member of the ARS proceeding 2015.
- Reviewer of abstract and full paper international Conference University of Peradeniya -2017
- Resource person Sri Lanka Council of Religion for peace, Batticaloa in 2015